Approximately 98% of American manufacturing consists of small to medium-sized businesses. There is a real need to equip these midsized factories for a productive future to support the resurgence of manufacturing. Join Greg Whitt, process improvement manager for RV components manufacturer MORryde, and Ryan Kuhlenbeck, CEO of Pico MES, to discuss how midsized factories can transition from manual to digital manufacturing—starting with the shop floor. Greg will share his experience with how MORryde is using a manufacturing execution system to manage its shop floor operations, improve quality control, and provide data for continuous improvement.
Attendees will learn:
- How factories can start their digital transformation journey without creating culture shock
- How to create processes for automatic error-proofing and tracking key performance indicators
- How to harvest automatic data collection from shop floor devices
- How midsized factories can start their digital transformation journey without creating culture shock.
- The value of connecting the shop floor to various departments, such as quality, operations, and engineering.
- Techniques for error-proofing assembly and tracking key performance indicators.
- How to take advantage of automatic data collection from production equipment.